WordPress is a powerful CMS platform that supports thousands of plugins and themes for developing a website or blog. WordPress pre-design themes and plugins increase the functionality of our website. As a designer, you can choose the best suitable plugins for your WordPress website according to your business requirements. In this article, we have explained the 11 best WordPress plugins for web designers that are important for website designing and development.
The right plugin on your website makes it stand out among your competitors. Let’s check out the collection now.
1. Portfolio Designer
The portfolio designer is a great WordPress plugin for developing unique and responsive galleries for your website. You can create a stunning website in a few minutes on your website with any desired layout. The plugin supports four eminent layout styles like a Grid, Slider, Justify, Masonry to develop an eye-catching portfolio.
Using this plugin. You can create a new custom post type with image, audio, and video thumbnails. It is easy to create a portfolio layout and integrate it into your WordPress website using several setting options.
- This plugin supports 50+ hover effects using CSS and HTML5.
- To use this plugin, no additional coding skills are required.
- It supports three different pagination types, such as Standard pagination, Load more, and Autoload.
- This plugin was developed with search engine optimization in mind to make sure better ranking on the various search engines.
- Importantly, this plugin is compatible with the latest version of WordPress (5.5.1).
- This plugin is translation ready! So, you can easily translate this plugin to a new language with just one click.
2. Avartan Slider
The Avartan Slider is a fully responsive WordPress plugin that enables web designers to create innovative layered content image slider and video slider on your website. It is an effective way to beautify your website’s home page, header section.
Furthermore, this plugin has amazing features like touch and swipe navigation, drag and drop visual slider, multimedia content, and many more. This plugin has carefully designed slider templates for various categories, such as Creative Design, Fashion, Wedding, Product, etc. So, you can import and modify it as quickly as you require. The important thing is that a single slide layer includes many options to manage your element style as well as design, such as font color, style, and many more.
- With the drag and drop functionality, you can create a stunning slider in a minute.
- The website visitors can preview slides according to slider layouts such as fixed-width or full-width on the desktop and mobile screen.
- It also provides the flexibility of Resizable or rotatable elements.
- The website admin creates a new slider by duplicating another slider.
3. Blog Designer Pro
The Blog Designer Pro is a great way to beautify your blog pages on your website. It is the best plugin to make your blog page more stunning without any coding skills. Moreover, it has carefully designed 50+ templates for various categories for making your blog page more eye-catching. With this plugin, you can attract more visitors to your blog page.
In addition to this, every blog layout includes several options to control your blog style and design, such as color, style, and font-family. Moreover, you can change the various settings quickly from the admin panel.
- With this plugin, you can easily import and export layouts with settings to use for another website.
- The plugin displays post categories and tag filters with your favorite design, and website visitors can filter them on categories and tags.
- This plugin also provides options to showcase or hide post meta as per your needs.
- Using this plugin, you can easily enable or disable social media on your blog design.
- It also supports a 10+ social share icon default library to alter the social media icon any time on your website.
The Duplicator is the most powerful WordPress plugin that enables WordPress users to migrate, copy, move, or clone a website from one location to another. The plugin serves as a simple backup utility.
The important thing is that the plugin requires some technical knowledge. So, if you are planning to migrate WordPress or take WordPress backup, then use it at your own risk. Please, do not forget to take a backup of your files and database.
- With this plugin, you can bundle the entire website for easy reuse or distribution.
- As a website owner, you can perform full WordPress migration without struggling with messy import or export SQL scripts.
- This plugin creates a package that clusters all the plugins, themes, content, and WordPress file into a simple zip file.
5. WP Super Cache
The WP Super Cache is an amazing WordPress plugin that creates static HTML files from the dynamic WordPress blog. Once the HTML file is created then your webserver will serve that file rather than processing the heavier and more expensive WordPress PHP scripts.
Generally, the static HTML file will be provided to the majority of users like,
Users who are not logged in.
Users who have not viewed the password-protected post on your website.
Users who have not to write a comment on your website blog.
- This plugin is easy to set up and faster to use.
- The plugin is translation-ready so you can use it according to your native language.
- With this plugin, you can generate the catch file for the posts, tags, categories of your website by preloading.
- To make the preloading more useful, you can disable the garbage collection feature, so the older cache files are not deleted.
6. Yoast SEO
The Yoast SEO is a stunning WordPress plugin that helps your website to rank higher on search engines. This plugin automates the technical SEO enhancement, such as canonical URLs and meta tags. Moreover, it supports title and meta description templating for better branding and consistent snippets in the search engines.
Additionally, this free plugin contains everything that you require to manage your website SEO. However, the Yoast SEO Premium plugin has even more tools and functionality. Whether you are a blogger, content writer, developer, SEO expert, or business owner, this plugin helps you to keep your website perfect on the web browser.
- The plugin supports the advanced XML sitemaps, which makes it easy for Google to understand your website structure.
- It makes website loading time faster, with a powerful way to control your website.
- The plugin has full control over the website breadcrumbs so that users and search engines always are known where they are.
- This plugin is helping you to manage your team, with the SEO roles in which you can provide the specific access of this plugin to your employees.
7. Wordfence Security
Wordfence Security is a powerful WordPress plugin that includes an endpoint firewall and malware scanner to protect your website. The Threat Defense Feed Wordfence supports the latest firewall rules, malicious IP addresses, and malware signatures that will keep your website safe.
Apart from this, the plugin supports two-factor authentication and the most secure forms of remote system authentication available using any TOTP based authenticator app or service. Importantly, with this plugin, you can easily manage multiple websites in a single place.
- This plugin will help your website from brute force attacks by limiting the login attempts.
- This plugin checks your website for known security vulnerabilities and alerts you to any problem. Also, notify you of potential security problems whenever the plugin has been closed.
- The plugin will also check your content safety by scanning file contents, posts, and comments for dangerous URLs and dubious content.
8. Social Snap
Social Snap is a wonderful social sharing WordPress plugin that helps you to drive more traffic and boost engagement using the power of social media. With this plugin, you can easily add stunning and highly customizable social share buttons. Moreover, you can increase your social media following with the social media follow buttons. It will permit users to follow your brand across suitable social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
Furthermore, this plugin will automatically post your content to the social media networks whenever you publish a new post or web page. The plugin supports the social content locker to ask visitors to share the website page to access the content.
- It is a fully responsive and sharing plugin, so your social sharing tools will look perfect in all screen sizes.
- This plugin allows the visitors to copy the current URL page in just one click and quickly share with their kith and kin.
- With this plugin, you can easily edit share button labels and increase engagement on your website.
Important Read: Best WordPress Plugins For Photography Blog
The WordPress platform does not include an in-built backup feature. Even the host backup may not be enough due to the risk of a server crash. This plugin includes everything to run your WordPress website.
This plugin will take a backup of all WordPress files, each file in the WordPress media library, WordPress themes, plugins, and many more. Once your website backup completes, you will get a downloadable zip file of the entire WordPress website.
- With this plugin, you can set up backup schedules to run it automatically.
- You can easily send and store your backup files off-site in a safer and secure location.
- You can also install your website from backup without any trouble.
- It has a tool called ImportBuddy to restore your WordPress website to the previous backup in case of any problem with the current website.
- This plugin scans and repairs some common issues with your database.
10. Easy Testimonials
The Easy Testimonials is an easy-to-use WordPress plugin that permits you to add various testimonials into a web page or post using the shortcode. This plugin enables you to insert a list of all Testimonials or showcase a slideshow of testimonials anywhere on your website.
This plugin is easy to use for beginners and highly customizable for professionals. It also provides several customization options to customize any theme of your website.
- With this plugin, you can manage your Testimonials with an easy-to-use interface that does not need any knowledge skills.
- You can add random testimonials on any web page or post on your website.
- This plugin allows you to link your testimonials to a particular page, like a service page, product page.
- You can add an image to your Testimonials that highly increase the appearance of it.
The WPForms is a powerful and user-friendly WordPress contact form plugin. This plugin allows you to create contact forms, online surveys, order forms, donation forms, and many other forms in just a few minutes without writing a single line of code.
It is easy to use with pre-developed WordPress form templates that can be easily customized. Apart from this, you can use smart conditional logic to create high-performance forms.
- With the drag and drop functionality, you can create an amazing form in just a few minutes.
- This plugin is fully customized, so it works amazingly on any type of screen.
- You can create a subscription form and connect it with email marketing services.
- Using this plugin, you can easily embed your form in the blog posts, web pages, slider widgets, footer, and many more.
- In this plugin, the smart captcha and spam protection automatically prevents spam submission.
We hope, as a designer, you will find an important plugin for your WordPress website. These plugins will make your website design more eye-catching and SEO plugins will rank your website higher on various search engines. Importantly, in our collection, most plugins are free to use.
If you have any doubt about these plugins, then feel free to contact us or let us know in the comment section below. We are here to help you!